where have all the members gone …… ?

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Nevis, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Nevis

Nevis Active Member

Deutschland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    i say. …. anything is better than nothing …

NEWTOCHRISTIANITY likes this.
  2. Nevis

Nevis Active Member

Deutschland
    Religion:
    Catholic

nonsense

never ever has everything been said

3. NEWTOCHRISTIANITY

NEWTOCHRISTIANITY New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    ANGLICAN

I agree!

Nevis likes this.
  4. Nevis

Nevis Active Member

Deutschland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    good to see! :)

5. Pub Banker

Pub Banker Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (APA)
    May I suggest the issue at hand is due to relevance? I am a new member to this forum and did so in search for deeper theological conversation although I do welcome the temporal ( news; current state of the Church/Faith) as long as it pertains to the Faith. My search has been very satisfying in some parts; not so much in the others.

I say this as one would look at some of the topics that are posted some of them have nothing to do whatsoever with the Church. Some of those that allude to the church are irrelevant (in my humble opinion) or wildly absurd. Although I have never seen it, perhaps it would be helpful if the moderators and administrators would frame the boundaries for this forum. Perhaps something akin to the inquiry regarding my orthodoxy as I pursued the “Anglican“ badge - very purposeful and rather defined. However, if the interest of the members is to strike up any conversation then have at it. It would be, once again in my opinion, a strong indication of what is today modern Anglicanism: a lack of catholicity and theologically thin. I realize this post will be very irritating to some members of this forum. I assure you it is not my intent But since the question was brought up I wanted to express my humble opinion.

May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Ghost be with us all evermore. Amen.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    NEWTOCHRISTIANITY and Nevis like this.
  6. Mark G

Mark G New Member

Religion:
    Roman Catholicism
    One other factor probably is demographics. The membership in the Church of England, the Episcopal Church USA, the Anglican Church of Canada, and many other historically Anglican denominations in the Anglosphere are aging (and dying out) and declining, which means that less people remain in said churches to comment in online Anglican forums. Where Anglicanism is growing is largely in areas outside of the Anglosphere, where the native language is something like Swahili or Igbo, rather than English, and so they won't likely be on an English language forum talking about Anglicanism.

Nevis likes this.
  7. Mark G

Mark G New Member

Religion:
    Roman Catholicism
    There is also a decline of participation in forums in general on the Internet as most people have migrated to social media like Twitter and Reddit and Facebook and Discord, and it seems that Anglicanism is not immune to the same phenomenon.

Nevis likes this.
  8. Nevis

Nevis Active Member

Deutschland
    Religion:
    Catholic
    true

bwallac2335 likes this.